Senior UX Designer
Are you an experienced designer with high-level hands-on design skills? Do you succeed through creativity, collaboration, and execution? Are you able to contribute to early concepts and ideas, then drive compelling user scenarios, uncompromising user experience, quality design execution, and optimal customer experiences? Do you thrive on growth, leadership, and innovation?
A unique opportunity exists to join an important and integral Microsoft team-the MSIT group. This division delivers key applications and services to Microsoft employees and partners, covering Human Resources, Legal, Procurement, Finance, Support, and more. We deliver long-term user and customer value to Microsoft’s 90,000+ employees around the world! Our diverse UX team, which belongs to a vital, central engineering group, calls for a variety of skills and expertise in UI solutions; strong interaction design ability illustrated by delivery of complex UI solutions; architectural and visual programs; high-touch research and design; people and communication skills; solution and technology trends; and balancing business needs, customer requirements, user responses.
In this case, we seek a senior designer with a broad set of skills, both leadership and hands-on. A designer with experience delivering visual and interaction design for business, productivity, and other applications and services. Experience leading initiatives, projects, and virtual teams preferred. Experience reinventing design approach, UI architecture, UI and usage patterns, etc., notably in response to changes in customer and business requirements.
We are looking for an interaction designer who can:
- Embrace ambiguity, articulate tradeoffs, meet challenging deadlines
- Understand how to utilize customer and user research to drive design decisions
- Build respect and credibility with stakeholders, fellow designers, program managers, and developers
- Drive the design of product and user scenarios from initial concept through final implementation
- Clearly and persuasively communicate and present design concepts and solutions
- Illustrate a command of common design and prototyping methods and tools
- All candidates must provide a resume, an online portfolio, and relevant work samples along with inquiries
- Minimum 6 years’ experience of experience in product/web/interaction design
- Proven ability to drive complex design issues across organizations and disciplines
- Corporate experience preferred in addition to agency or other experience
- Proven strong interaction design experience; visual design abilities a plus
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.