To apply contact: Catthi Olson
Staffing Solutions Program Manager
Department of Labor & Industries
(360) 902-9152 - OLCA235@LNI.wa.gov
View full announcement here
Web Usability Manager
More than ever, people interact with L&I through our web site than any other communication channel. Ensuring online experiences are easier and more intuitive by improving features and functionality is what this job is all about. Your affinity for making complex, technical writing understandable to anyone plus, your delight in using the principles of User Centered Design (UCD) and Usability study outcomes makes this your next great career move.
We’re a collaborative team of professionals in the L&I Communications/Web Services group. Our common purpose and goal is to provide L&I customers with a positive online experience that will “Keep Washington safe and working”. Our work environment fosters a cooperative spirit of self-starters, where ideas and knowledge is shared and focus is on user experience.
As Web Usability Manager, you’ll provide guidance based on UCD methodology and practice; document usability findings, consult with L&I busines groups; make recommendations for best practices that will improve the customer experience and online product functionality. Assist subject matter experts in writing appropriately for the web. Work with the e-Government, Web Services Manager and UCD Consultants on improving the L&I agency UCD strategy.
Your initial success will be measured through:
Understanding current state of UCD in L&I and advocate for it’s strategic goals
Conduct usability studies and other UCD techniques on major L&I public facing web products, including those accessed through mobile devices
Learn L&I’s UCD methodology and practice
Understand the needs and goals of our key audiences and customers and how they interact with us
Apply previous research and study results. Develop a plan for continuous improvement
A typical week can involve:
· Consulting with a work group on a UCD project
· Running a usability study in our in-house lab or in the field
· Making recommendations to management on how UCD can advance agency goals
· Interviewing citizens who use our web site
· Leading a group in developing a conceptual design based on user data
· Working with our Web User Experience Designer on a prototype for testing
· Performing a heuristic review of a business application
· Representing users’ needs and UCD methods on an IT development team
· Delivering a presentation on the results of usability study, with recommendations for change
Here’s what we’re looking for:
· A combination of formal education and professional experience in the field of UCD, human factors, and communications
· Expert knowledge of UCD principles and methodologies
· Skilled in research, prototyping, testing and data analysis
· Excellent communication and listening skills – write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication settings
· Experienced in blending user research data, business requirements, and competitive analysis into concrete recommendations
· Experience planning and implementing usability tests, user interviews, and contextual observations
· A proven track record in project management and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
· Knowledge and experience in web design and development
· Strong proficiency in Morea, Camtasia, Loop 11, Axure, or similar
· Strong proficiency in Adobe software (Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator)
· Strong proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Visio)
Consideration will be given to complete applications with attached resume and Letter of Interest.
Your Letter of Interest will concisely describe how you have “What We’re Looking For” outlined above.