To apply, please visit https://uwhires.admin.washington.edu/eng/candidates/default.cfm?szCategory=jobprofile&szOrderID=141789&szCandidateID=0&szSearchWords=&szReturnToSearch=1.
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The UW Graduate School has an outstanding opportunity for a Graduate Academic and Career Advisor.
The Master of Human-Computer Interaction + Design (MHCI+D) is a fee-based interdisciplinary degree program in the Graduate School jointly sponsored by four departments: Human Centered Design & Engineering, and Computer Science & Engineering in the College of Engineering, the Information School, and the Division of Design in the School of Art + Art History + Design in the College of Arts & Sciences. The MHCI+D program was founded by faculty active in the Design-Use-Build (DUB) Center and is supported by the Human-Computer Interaction + Design Faculty Group. Its employees report to the Graduate School.
The program curriculum offers an integrated, immersive, intensive, cohort-based interdisciplinary program providing education in human computer interaction plus design. Now in its 4th year, MHCI+D has quickly become a leading competitor with master’s degrees offered by Carnegie Mellon, Georgia Tech, and University of Michigan, among others. The students accepted into the program come from a range of backgrounds and learn together as a 30-student cohort, each contributing and building knowledge and skills during their single year together.
The Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction + Design degree program seeks the services of a full-time, 12-month Graduate Academic and Career Advisor. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Student Services, the Graduate Academic and Career Advisor is the main point of contact for delivering student services throughout the entire graduate student lifecycle with the program, from first considering application until graduating and launching or returning to their careers and becoming program alumni. This person is the primary contact for applicants (400 in 2017), and current students (29 in 2017) regarding their educational options and how those options align to industry needs and student career objectives. Our program is high-touch, and this person should be helpful, timely, accurate, and consistently demonstrate the care the University of Washington has for each student. Finally, the Graduate Academic and Career Advisor will represent the program and the University at local and online recruiting events and contribute, individually and as part of a team, to the continued evolution and improvement of the MHCI+D program.
Recruiting and Admissions
Advise and Counsel
Alumni Relations and Employer Connections
Program Special Projects
May function as lead for hourly student employees.
Master's Degree in related field and 2-3 years of work experience in academic advising for college or university students, and/or recruiting, and/or career coaching and job placement.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Embedded Graphics
• Language: C
• Experience with ARM Processors
• Experience with Capacative Touch Screens
• Experience with Graphics packages
Wimmer Solutions- Senior VUI/UX Designer- Redmond, WA
To apply contact: Tim Poole, Senior Manager, Recruiting email@example.com
• Be an interactive voice expert working cross functionally across the organization
• Participate in pitch meetings and ideation sessions with targeted partners
• Drive design from initial concept through final implementation
• Work closely with external partners to take ideas from initial concepts to launch
• Assist in the delivery of high quality voice, interaction and conversational user experiences
• Track and report progress against deliverables to ensure end-to-end visibility of assigned deliverables
• Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of the overall product and project
• Assess partner design and integration risks and provide mitigation options
• Provide feedback to product team
• Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from multiple sources
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
• Maintain an organized library of source files and assets
• Contribute to, and curate, the group’s best practices for interactive voice design
• Assist in the development of assignments and schedules
• 3-5 years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer; expertise in human-computer/device interaction
• Experience working on audio, speech and language solutions that transform how customers interact with devices, products and services
• Experience designing conversational experiences with multi-turn dialog
• Experience owning and delivering user experience design across voice and voice-enabled platforms
• Experience designing for a variety of form factors including: iOS, Android, Tablet and desktop
• Experience working directly with customers and external partners, and a strong customer-centric orientation
• Recent experience with voice or multimodal speech interfaces
• Knowledge and experience with UI development technologies
• Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills
• Drive the development and communication of voice design guidelines and patterns
•Comfortable working with pre-release development environments
User Experience Designer II/III – Visibility FDG
To apply here's the link to the Expeditors site
“We’re not in the shipping business; we’re in the information business” -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
The Visibility Functional Development Group provides software for internal and external customers to track, manage, and analyze their supply chain. Working collaboratively with our Development teams, you’ll create a better experience for our users.
Using proven qualitative and quantitative research techniques you’ll discover pain points and opportunities, and help our stakeholders understand and prioritize user needs and requirements. You’ll communicate insights that generate an in-depth understanding of users and solutions. You’ll be creative and flexible about process, ensuring that teams have the information they need to provide value to customers as quickly as possible.
You’ll collaborate with teams to turn research insights into effective design concepts. You’ll facilitate design discussions, provide clear rationale for design ideas and explain how they align to user and business goals. You’ll create wireframes and prototypes, present them to stakeholders and iterate designs based on feedback.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits