To Apply: http://pitchbook.com/Careers.html
If you can prove yourself with your portfolio and interview skills, you've got our attention.
The PitchBook Platform is a web-based application that provides private equity and venture capital data. The platform is used by financial analysts to conduct due diligence, source business deals for competitive intelligence and improve business development. While the company has only been around for five years, we are on our way to becoming an industry leader in the private equity and venture capital space. A big part of our success is our passion for usability and user experience. Breaking the industry standard of archaic, difficult to use finance applications, we strive to make the PitchBook Platform as simple to use as possible, employing the latest technologies to create a fast, user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing product.
What we're looking for:
We are currently looking for a UX professional to join our team and contribute to the evolution of the PitchBook Platform. Our UX team is small and our designers have a lot of ownership over the product design, which makes us very selective in our hiring process. In addition to having a strong UX background, we are looking for a designer who can work with complex workflows and create beautiful solutions for data visualization. While industry knowledge is not required, we are looking for someone with the desire and aptitude to learn about the industry and gain a strong understanding of our user base.
• Conceptualize and develop wireframes, mockups, and HTML/CSS prototypes to help communicate designs
• Create functional specifications and test the resulting beta products
• Own, design, and have an impact on high priority, highly visible projects
• Develop new features and work to improve the discoverability of current features in the product
• Identify user needs and produce designs centered around our users' behaviors and motivations
• Create designs that satisfy user needs as well as business requirements
• Understand aesthetics; know how to make beautiful and professional designs
• Strong communication skills, be able to defend design decisions and show how they add value to the product
• Employ user-centered design practices to create world-class interactive web experiences
• Ability to balance multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
• Passion for usability and user experience. Understand how visual and interaction design work together to create great user experiences.
• Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to make appropriate product decisions
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong portfolio of previous work
• Strong skills with Adobe Fireworks, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Informatics, Computer Science or HCI degrees