Job title: User-Centered Design Consultant
Location: Puget Sound
Terms: Negotiable, competitive compensation
About this position
Anthro-Tech is looking for a highly skilled and dynamic professional to work closely with government agencies, non-profit organizations and private companies to help them bring usability and user-centered design into their processes. If you are a top performer with previous consulting experience and a track record of leading successful user experience projects we want you to join us. You’ll be collaborating with business, communications, development and design teams to create highly useful and usable web sites, web applications and other products or services. We have a compelling mix of important projects. Your work will impact the lives of many people.
As a UCD Consultant, you will be expected to deliver a high level of attention to several clients. This means cultivating relationships, demonstrating care and deeply understanding various domains including healthcare, government services, transportation and more. In any week, you may have a variety of responsibilities that could include the following sample activities:
- Facilitating a usability study in our research lab in Olympia
- Meeting with a new client in Seattle who is just starting a project to strategize, identify existing user research data and propose usability research methods
- Utilizing user research findings to develop compelling, data-driven personas
- Developing an information architecture and content taxonomy
- Preparing a user-centered design plan for improving a product or service that
recommends methodologies, deliverables, outcomes, timelines and budgets.
- Presenting research findings to executives of a large organization
- Plan, execute & analyze usability evaluations of products and designs
- Apply knowledge and use discretion and sound judgment in the analysis of client
computer systems, software, web sites, web applications and communication
and development processes
- Conduct requirements analysis with clients and stakeholders to understand and document business goals
- Conduct, synthesize and report user research from both qualitative and quantitative sources
- Create and collaborate on conceptual user interface designs including information architecture, and low through high fidelity prototypes
- Teach and train user-centered design methods and practices through one-on-one mentoring, presentations, interactive workshops, and formal classroom training
- Design, analyze, test, and modify computer systems programs, software, web
sites, web applications, mobile sites and other technologies to improve user
- Proven experience directing user-centered design projects from developing a user-experience strategy through user research, iterative design & evaluation and launch
- Excellent communication and listening skills – write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication settings
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- A Masters degree in Technical Communication, Human Computer Interaction or related discipline from a major accredited college or university OR compelling work experiences
- Proficiency in a variety of user research techniques such as server and search
log analysis, surveys, contextual inquiry, interviews, stakeholder interviews and
persona and scenario development
- Direct experience in a variety of evaluation techniques such as usability testing, eye tracking, cognitive walkthroughs, and heuristic evaluations for the web, web applications and other products
- High degree of knowledge of capabilities and limitations of web technologies
- A proven track record of strong project management and coordination skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Familiarity with software tools such as Morae, Survey Gizmo, Visio, Web Trends, Excel, Axure, Balsamiq etc.
- Passionate about improving user-experiences and making a social impact.
Humble, confident and approachable.
Scheduling & travel
- Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. During these days you’ll work on site with clients, primarily in Olympia and Seattle. During other days you’ll be working with Anthro-Tech staff at our offices in Olympia and with client team members virtually.
About Anthro-Tech Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies,
nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We provide user-centered
design strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services to organizations throughout the region and across the nation. Much of our work focuses on web sites, web & mobile applications, software systems and customer experience strategy. Anthro-Tech's offices are located in Olympia, Washington where we also operate our usability lab, training center, and client collaboration spaces.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, career objectives, salary requirements and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- Resume and a short write-up of your most significant consulting accomplishment. We’re looking for a track record of consulting experience and project leadership.
Please reference the “UCD Consultant Position” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: email@example.com
Please, no agencies. Regional applicants only.
Thank you for your interest!