Job title: User Experience Designer
Location: Olympia / Seattle
Terms: Negotiable, competitive compensation
About this position
Anthro-Tech is seeking a skilled designer to join our smart and inspired team. We are looking for someone with experience in delivering designs informed by research. You’ll be consulting with business, communications, development and design teams to create highly useful and usable web sites, web & mobile applications, kiosks and other products.
As a user experience designer, you will be expected to deliver great design work and a high level of attention to several clients. This means cultivating relationships and demonstrating care in holding us to high standards.
Some of the things you would’ve done last week if you were working with us:
- Developed a prototype in Axure for usability testing
- Sketched a variety of design concepts to share and iterate with other team members
- Worked collaboratively with a client team and other Anthro-Tech consultants to create a customer journey map
- Provided feedback to a colleague on how to improve the aesthetics of their client presentation
- Helped conduct field research for a usability evaluation of a mobile application under development
- Taken part in presenting findings from a usability study to a group of executive stakeholders
- Led a collaborative design session to work out a complex interaction flow
Here are some other things you might do:
- Collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team including user researchers, developers, visual designers, business analysts and project managers
- Design customer journey maps, infographics, personas, user task flows and design concepts
- Develop low and high fidelity prototypes for user testing
- Iterate designs based upon feedback from users, client or project team
- Lead sketching and brainstorming sessions
- Translate ideas from the team and client into a design concept
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in design, design research and design standards
- Present design concepts to clients, walking them through design decisions
- Strong portfolio showing examples of your graphic and interaction design (eg. wireframes, prototypes, work across multiple platforms/devices)
- A proven track record of 3+ years professional experience as a design practitioner
- Experience with software tools such as: Adobe Creative suite, Balsamiq, Axure, MS Office products
- Team collaboration skills and the references to back them up
- Education in graphic design, interaction design, communication design or related field OR compelling work experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills – write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication settings
- Possess a strong understanding of visual design and user-centered design principles
- Basic knowledge of technology capabilities/constraints. HTML and CSS (desired)
Scheduling & travel
- Regional travel approximately 1 to 3 days a week. During these days you’ll work on site with clients, primarily in Olympia and Seattle. During other days you’ll be working with Anthro-Tech staff at our offices in Olympia and with client team members virtually.
About Anthro-Tech Inc.
Anthro-Tech is a user-centered design consultancy focused on government agencies,
nonprofits, and enterprises with a social impact mission. We provide user-centered
design strategy, user research, user experience design, usability testing and UX training services to organizations throughout the region and across the nation. Much of our work focuses on web sites, web & mobile applications, software systems and customer experience strategy. Anthro-Tech's offices are located in Olympia, Washington where we also operate our usability lab, training center, and client collaboration spaces.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter stating your background, salary requirements and reason for interest in working with Anthro-Tech.
- A short write-up describing your most significant accomplishment as a designer. We’re looking for a track record of experience and dedication.
- Your resume and a pointer to an online portfolio or PDF
Please reference the “UX Designer Position” in your correspondence, and direct inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no agencies. Regional applicants only.
Thank you for your interest!