REI (Recreational Equipment Inc.) seeks a User Experience Designer - FTE
User Experience Designer, Kent WA
To apply: http://bit.ly/123a5zr
REI is looking for an experienced User Experience Designer to join our Digital Retail Team!
The eCommerce User Experience Designer contributes to an improved customer experience on www.rei.com and mobile properties by participating in REI’s user experience strategy and execution. The ideal candidate excels at using customer feedback, UX best practices, and competitive analysis to determine appropriate user/process flows and page interaction. Evangelizes user research and user centered design for best in class customer experiences, has a proven track record of designing engaging and usable experiences across websites and other digital channels and is able to collaborate with key stakeholders to identify and develop the features and functions of the site and define the overall user experience.
· Provides innovative, customer centric, information and interaction design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
· Creates and maintains user experience documentation such as user scenarios and stories, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and UI specifications and presents design work to the user experience team, project teams, and cross-divisional project partners for review and feedback.
· Partners with business owners and project team to define feature and functionality requirements and plans specific to user needs that meet the strategic goals of the business
· Participates in developing feature and project-specific user research plans and works with other user experience team members to execute on those research plans.
· Conducts usability tests, competitive analyses, and heuristic analyses, and presents findings to cross-divisional project partners. Collaborates with cross divisional teams to plan for A/B and multivariate testing, as well as helping identify KPIs for planned site experiences.
· Observes and analyzes website use and creates positive user experiences based on quantitative and qualitative customer behavior and feedback
· Works closely with Design, Development, Program Management, Marketing Research and other teams to plan and develop user-centered features
· Ensures maintenance of a cohesive user interface as it evolves by contributing to a REI’s digital standards and best practices.
· 5+ years in user experience or closely-related fields.
· Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and techniques
· 3+ years experience in user research, including conducting usability tests.
· Strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as site maps, wireframes, flow charts personas, functional specifications, and style guides
· Demonstrated experience in execution of social media and online communities with user centered methodologies.
· Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and brand communications
· Previous Mobile design experience preferred
· Previous eCommerce design experience strongly preferred
· Previous experience working via agile methodologies preferred
· Proven ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to promote open communication and teamwork
· Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
· Establishes trust and inspires others.
· Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
· Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
· Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
· Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
· Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
· Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
· Fosters change in company direction
· Effectively plans and executes changes
· Degree preferred in related discipline: information architecture, interaction or interface design, human-computer interaction (or equivalent)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 16 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to playundefineda strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With 127 stores in 31 states, REI offers unique benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including an excellent total compensation package, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals, healthcare coverage for full- and part-time employees, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoption assistance and paid sabbaticals after 15 years of service.