Sr. UX Designer III (Seattle, WA)
To apply, contact: Michele Egan
Amazon Books is looking for a passionate, innovative, collaborative UX Designer to join the product and engineering team to build new features and services for one of Amazon's largest businesses and Amazon's oldest customers.
As a Sr. UX Designer in Books, you will design elegant, customer-focused solutions for the Book discovery, shopping, and reading experience. You will be responsible for the user interface, its architecture, interaction and visual design across the web, tablet and mobile devices. You are a talented, passionate designer with strong analytic skills. You can translate business needs into simple, engaging user-centered solutions. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in a fast-paced collaborative peer environment.
• Analyze business requirements, market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability study findings to create customer-focused designs.
• Develop conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, information architecture diagrams, interaction specifications and prototypes
• Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
• Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of shopping experiences
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
• Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon.com executives for review and feedback
• At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Fluent in English, excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Visio or Omnigraffle, and Dreamweaver
• Experience designing, guiding, and implementing formal and informal usability studies
• Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
• Proven track record presenting to and influencing senior executive management
• Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
• Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for mobile spaces
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1994, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
This evolution of Amazon from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. E-commerce is still in its infancy. In the years to come, you'll see Amazon create new technologies, expand into more geographical locations and continue to improve the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.