Blink User Researchers apply a wide range of usability and field research methods and skills while interacting with client teams and their users. Ideal candidates will have previous client consulting experience with a track record of delivering compelling research findings and recommendations on-time and on-budget.
You will be asked to share a portfolio of your work in the interview.
- Moderating and planning usability lab studies and field user research sessions.
- Analyzing research findings and preparing high-impact reports and presentations for clients.
- Editing video highlights from research sessions.
- Meeting with clients to help define work and propose specific tools and methods.
- Delivering findings that ensure the usability and usefulness of interfaces for our client's end-users.
- Advocating for users while understanding the business goals of clients.
- Formal education in a relevant field such as usability engineering, human centered design, cognitive psychology or equivalent hands-on experience to demonstrate an understanding of usability theory, methods, and practices.
- 5 years of experience designing and conducting a wide range of UX research activities.
- Superlative presentation and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including leading client meetings.
- Proven ability to communicate recommended design solutions for observed UX issues.
- A high comfort level with computer hardware and software.
- Working knowledge of video editing techniques.
- A working knowledge of technology constraints and capabilities.
- Ability to drive to client meetings on a regular basis.
- Ability to travel 10-20% each year, depending on client locations and projects.
- Direct experience with user centered design projects.
- Interaction design experience a plus.
- Enjoy working independently and taking ownership of work.
- Ability to focus in time-sensitive environment.
- Expert in and excited about applied User Experience research.
- Enjoy small office culture.
Please apply here:
Founded in 2000, Blink UX is a Seattle-based user experience research and design firm dedicated to helping clients achieve their business goals through a flexible user-centered design approach. Blink’s evidence-driven design℠ services help companies that depend on technology take the guesswork out of delivering great user experiences. Blink has worked with hundreds of Innovative clients ranging in size and type from start-ups to Fortune 100, including Amazon, Apple, Disney, Genentech, Google, Starbucks, and Microsoft.