Date: Jan 13, 2018
To apply, please, visit https://jobs.sap.com/job/Bellevue-User-Experience-Design-Manager-Job-WA-98004/436422601/?locale=en_US
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Requisition ID: 161533
Work Area: Software-User Experience
Expected Travel: 0%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Concur, an SAP company, takes companies of all sizes beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution encompassing travel, expense, invoice, compliance and risk. For more than 20 years, our global expertise and industry-leading innovation has kept customers a step ahead with time-saving tools, leading-edge technology and connected data.
We drive innovation forward until it becomes the new normal, but we’ll never accept business as usual if there’s an opportunity for business to be better. Want to be a part of something amazing? Check us out at: concur.com/careers
User experience is critical to Concur’s future and we are looking for a Manager of UX Design who is passionate about driving brilliant user-centered designs that delight Concur’s millions of Expense and Invoice users worldwide. Expense is our core product and is in the middle of a key redesign that will change how expense reporting and invoicing are done.
The Expense UX design team is currently comprised of 5 designers who are supported by a UX Insights team of researchers and analysts. The UX Manager reports to the Director of UX Design for global products. The team’s principal focus is designing a simple experience of a broad and deep product with emphasis on usability and efficiency. We accommodate a multitude of configurations that make for exciting design challenges to solve.
You have the unique opportunity to create and implement a multitude of designs to shape Concur’s products and future. You will ensure that Concur’s products meet a high standard of usability and design excellence from visioning work to design iterations to organizing and driving designs through the Agile teams.
Who are you?
• You love managing a team of designers raising their output quality and quantity by leading by example
• You love leading conceptual design sessions, moderating a cross-functional team
• You’re cognizant of schedules, can prioritize, and help your team deliver the right design on time
• You’re good at tracking a high amount of details in a broad and deep product
• You are passionate about empathy for all end users, including those with accessibility needs, and are driven by high impact products and projects
• You are a great communicator and negotiator
• You can adapt to and improve multiple Agile processes
• You crave consistency, simplicity, and clean design
• You love tough interaction and IA challenges
• You love leveraging data (Quantitative and Qualitative) to inform your designs
• You strive to keep track of a high amount of details in a broad and deep product
What you will do in this role:
• Manage a team of UX designers for our Expense and Invoice products
• Drive the best possible user experience design for each release
• Collaborate with other design teams to have a great end-to-end experience across all our products and present solutions to stakeholders
• Collaborate with the Human Interface Guidelines team to evolve the HIG when needed and enforce it when appropriate
• Collaborate with and influence Product Owners, Developers and Stakeholders to reach consensus on dates, design and process
• Leverage the UX Insights team to get the best data possible to inform your team’s designs
• Support the UX Researchers by having your team contribute to a test plan and provide prototypes for usability studies
• 5-7 years as a key member of a UI/UX team through the design and product development cycle of enterprise web applications
• At least 1 year experience managing a team of designers and leading a few key large projects from ideation to build
• Portfolio demonstrating a keen eye for experiences
• Strong knowledge of Sketch, Axure, and Adobe products for design, specifications and prototyping
We Highly Value:
• Adaptability, flexibility, humility
• Analytical skills - ability to propose solutions for every problem you find
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Intentional leader who is consistently raising the bar
• Teamwork and being a collaboration magnet
• Web and mobile design knowledge
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: ERP, Product Development, Manager, SAP, Testing, Technology, Research, Management